Saturday, June 23, 2012

The year that Nana threw out Christmas! ;)

I always laugh at how far behind I am in my blog and then I always sit here not know where to begin in catching up!!

The year that Nana threw out Christmas!!! 2011
I have to share this story not because were mad at Nana and want her to feel bad.  Accidents happen and really Im just glad it wasn't me that did it,
and its something I totally would do!  But because its one more memory to add to the books, that luckily we can now laugh at!!
We had a great Christmas this year!  We always do!  We spent it at Nana and Pompa's and when we do we always pack up for a couple days and we all stay under the same roof.  On Christmas Eve, when we settle down to bed, we all open a new pair of Jama's and gather together to listen to stories.  We then hear Santa's sleigh bells ring out side the windows, giving us a warning its time to say our prayers and crawl into bed so that he may come.  As a kid it was always my favorite tradition he did for us and we are so lucky that Santa still does it for them.  Nana sleeps out under the tree with her grand babies and Jon Jon.  I dont know how they always sleep through Santa's arrival.  He can be pretty loud!  But they do! 
Christmas morning we woke up to presents!  The kids must have been pretty good.  Because there is 3 big families it takes us a while!  Especially when I make everyone open one by one so we all can see.  After we ate delicious Soufle! And spent the rest of the day playing together as a family.
That night we gather and hauled all the trash out side to be picked up early the next morning.  We were careful as to what bags needed to be brought out and which didn't.  Come morning as were packing up to go home I notice were missing some of the kids presents.  I asked Dustan if he already loaded them up and he hadn't.  We searched the house high and low and they were no where to be found, when it dawns on me, DID THEY GO OUT LAST NIGHT WITH THE TRASH!!!  Suddenly we're in panick mode!  The men again said NO they were very careful with what went out, made sure they didn't take the bags full of presents.  Turns out Nana decided to "help" and took out the extra bags in the living room.  By then Trash was gone!  I was physically sick!  And I yelled for Dustan to get in the car and we chase the Trash guy down with Pompa.  He let us dig through the truck even let loose the compactor.  By then what ever toys were in there had been crushed and it didn't matter.   I bawled!  Sick to my stomach that we worked so hard to pay for Christmas and the BIG presents were gone!  Brand new never been open, presents thrown out and crushed to bits! (the though still makes me sick)  Poor, poor, Nana felt aweful!  Had no idea that she could have possible done that.  It was just sad!!  Kids really didn't know what to think, we tried to not make it a big deal, but poor Nana went out that day in the rush, re-buying Christmas.  Oh it was so sad!  I felt so bad that she felt sooooooo bad!!! 
Now we can all laugh at it and everyone still teases her and probably always will how she threw out Christmas!!  Poor NANA!!!







1 comment:

  1. I love Dustan's mom...I miss her. This is the funniest story ever :) Now that it's after the fact.

    ReplyDelete